
Some of you may not know that most of my best frinds from college were in a band called the jazz june. There was many a weekend roadtrip taken in the big blue van. I was drafted to the team as an assistant roadie/photographer. The head roadie was a gentleman named Adam Gerhart. Adam is one of the best/nicest/funniest guys I have ever met. Some great story titles include "Adam's amazing invisible sunglasses", "Adam drinks a Whole Bottle of Ketchup for a Single Piece of Leftover Pizza", "Adam runing naked down main street", "Adam Narowly Escapes Arrest After Dumpster Diving for Day Old Bagels" and "Adam and Casey's 20's Themed Wedding." Yes those are all real, if you are interested I know they will make you laugh.
The difficult news is that recently Adam was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The tumor was then removed and found to be stage 4 cancer. Adam has a site that you can learn the whole story. I write to ask you to pray for Adam and his wife Casey.
Dave And Adam rocking out!Well just one short story: Since all of our friends were in a band Adam and I wanted to start our own band. We decided the only prerequisite was that you must not be able to play any instruments. The jazz June had an upcoming show so we named ourselves "Avalanche Pilot" and got on the ticket, publicity flyers and all. We had two weeks to get tutored and write 6 songs and the final result was glorius. Adam played guitar and bass, and I played drums (and bass on one song)...there were others...it was a full band. We were playing in our college town and the place was pretty full. One of our History of Modern art professors even showed up and later stated that it was quite a "performance." The songs were loud and obnoxious, and we left the crowd bewildered. That was our first show...The final show was a "reunion" show just before graduation!
No comments:
Post a Comment