This week, Christmas came early for me. My dear friend Christy called at 4:30 to let me know she had 2 free tickets to Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God show that night at 7 in North Charlotte. After quick-texting Dave, we went full press in finding a sitter for the girls. After Lauren Bonnema came to the rescue, we jumped in the car with Adam and Lindsay and headed North- I was really excited!
I'd never seen this show live- and to be honest I'd only heard a few of the songs- I'm not a huge Christian Music fan. Most of the songs on local Christian radio are too cheesy-pop for me. I typically live in heavy rotation of my usual suspects of Indelible Grace, Red Mountain Music, Bifrost Arts, the Welcome Wagon.....so I was a little nervous about being disappointed. Some people talk about BTLOG night's as if they are ultimately life-changing.
But we walked in, found our fantastic seats, and waited for the show to begin. I really enjoyed the lineup....Jill Phillips was my favorite during the songwriter set of the show- She sang a song called "If you were here" about life without her father- She was amazing!
When it was time for to run through the album itself I was curious how the Lord would stir my heart. I was not disappointed- I felt met and encouraged and pointed to Christ- At the end of the show Colossians 1:15-20 was read:
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones of dominions or rulers or authorities- all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
Thank you Christy for this gift- it was such a blessing to me!
1 comment:
Also, "Thank you to Adam for his amazing driving skillz and getting us to the concert in north charlotte in record time. I was in awe as he bobbed and weaved effortlessly through traffic."
Post a Comment