Monday, August 23, 2010

andrew peterson and a pink guitar

One thing I've noticed lately is that Celia wholeheartedly emulates us. Dave in many ways, me in more obvious ways (she recently saved her own money to purchase glasses from Claire's!). Often times it comes out musically.

A few weeks ago we watched a livestream concert by Andrew Peterson- now anyone who knows me is aware that I'm not the biggest Christian-music lover. In fact I have found very little Christian music out there that I actually enjoy outside of Indellible Grace, Red Mountain Music and the like....things are changing, slowly, but anyway.....




During the "concert", Celia decided she wanted to set up like Andrew- she grabbed the pink guitar, a toy mic, my guitar stand, and some tape- She Macgyver'd her own set up and with the help of Dave fashioned an old rope into a guitar strap and she just rocked out.

One thing I love about this is that she has a heart for worship- (and hip-hop, but more on that another time). She loves to sing and play. She often "writes" songs- I do hope to encourage her in this- I think she's getting a real guitar for Christmas and that will come but in the mean time I'm so content to watch her play. Its precious.

1 comment:

Tracy Cubbison said...

love this! Some of my fondest memories with you are with your guitar -- harmonizing to Indigo Girls or the first time I sang at FCA and you helped me practice on our steps in Calhoun Courts! Love you tons -- Tracy